Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Birthday Celebrated

Happy Birthday, Christopher! My son turned three years old today. In the time-honored tradition of all parents who have walked before us, my wife and I held a birthday party for my son. We had eight adults and five children attending as guests, not counting family. Despite the fact that four of the children visiting were toddler boys, we managed to get through the evening with no blood stains on the carpets. My son, being an only grandchild, was spoiled rotten as usual. All in all, it was a very fun afternoon, and I'm glad to have it over with.

You can all be thinking of me tomorrow morning. I will be attending a job interview that kind of fell in my lap earlier this week. I don't know a great deal about this business, as my name was given to them by a third-party (a friend's brother), so this will be as much an interview of them as it will be of me. The exciting thing about this is I'd be in a field where I'd have more opportunity to use my English and writing skills. No, it's not a direct link to selling my own writing, but it could be a positive step for my family and I. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Christopher!Hope you all had a great time.Where are the photos?