Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards - #2 - #5

A continuation of the Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards, started on January 1st of this year.

"2. Resolved, to be continually endeavouring to find out some new contrivance and invention to promote the forementioned things.

3. Resolved, if ever I shall fall and grow dull, so as to neglect to keep any part of these resolutions, to repent of all I can remember, when I come to myself again.

4. Resolved, never to do any manner of thing, whether in soul or body, less or more, but what tends to the glory of God, nor be, nor suffer it, if I can possibly avoid it.

5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time, but to improve it in the most profitable way I possibly can."

Taken from volume one of The Works of Jonathan Edwards, which can be read for free online here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?