Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Work in Progress and Pictures of Mt. Fuji

I am planning some posts with more substance, honest I am. However, a three year old toddler, and a seven week old infant tend to take up a great deal of time and attention. My intention is to finish up on a story outline for what, I'm hoping, will eventually become a podcast novel for me. I'm trying to meld things I know from life here in the Midwest and my time in Japan and add an element of the fantastic to the results. I'll try to keep everyone updated on the progress, though it may be slow getting the ball rolling again.

In the meantime I hope you enjoy these two pictures of Mt. Fuji. I enjoy the way they focus on the elements of Japanese life in the foreground, allowing Fuji-san to stand back, keeping watch over his land.

Japanese fishing boats. I believe this is in Suruga Bay, to the west of the Izu Peninsula, though I'm not positive.


An open field in front of some Japanese dwellings. I'm not sure exactly what kind of field this is. No, not a rice paddy.

No comments: